Trust & Estate Paralegal
San Francisco, CA 94111 US
- Draft documents including but not limited to promissory notes, pledge agreements, loan agreements, general corporate formation documents and other ancillary documentation involving complex US and foreign trusts and other entities.
- Provide basic services related to trusts, corporate entities, domestic and international tax issues, compliance and disclosure issues, administration of trusts and estates, and other related matters.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with clients and their advisors, accountants, assistants, banking personnel, and other attorneys to provide general assistance, answer questions, provide documentation, and render service in a timely fashion.
- Assist with preparing a variety of documents, forms, charts, letters, etc.
- Prepare binders, makes copies, enter data, assemble transaction records and maintain files.
- Perform database research and data entry.
- Assist other paralegals and attorneys with mailings and filings.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Annual compensation commensurate with experience and ranging from $75,000 to $110,000.
Specific Skills Desired
- Strong preference for a minimum of 5+ years' experience as a tax or trust & estates paralegal, or experience in a closely related field.
- Must possess strong technical skills, including typing, and have an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with iManage/FileSite (or other document management system), Elite, and Compulaw preferred but not required.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and work under strict deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills – the ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Interpersonal skills – the ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work independently when/if required.
- Bachelor's Degree required, with a preference for the degree to be in accounting, tax or a related field.
- Paralegal Certificate required.
Law.com International's Law Firm of the Year 2021
For 125 years, our firm has focused on and helped successful people, families, entrepreneurs, family businesses, governments and institutions negotiate the wide range of legal issues they face in their business and personal lives. Over time, we have gained valuable insights into the ways wealth can be generated, preserved, deployed and enhanced. We assist our clients in a variety of industry sectors including real estate, manufacturing, motorsport, luxury brands, sport, hotels and hospitality, technology, energy, art and cultural assets, life sciences, charities and philanthropy and financial services. With 18 offices our experience means we can see the global picture. We provide legal advice across a range of different practice areas including estate planning, personal and corporate tax and, corporate, banking and finance, access to capital (both private and public) both equity and debt, real estate, intellectual property, immigration, international trust structuring, philanthropy, luxury assets, international probate, public international law and international arbitration.