425 Market Street , 26th Floor San Francisco, CA 94105 US
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide in-depth legal and business research services to attorneys and staff in a wide variety of practice areas.
- Provide competitive intelligence research, including company, industry, market and competitor research, to support the firm's business development efforts.
- Synthesize, analyze, and present research results in a concise, professional manner.
- Utilize current awareness tools to provide alerts on new litigation, news, and other topics of interest.
- Work with library team to help plan and implement department outreach, training and orientation programs.
- Provide support for library administrative functions as needed.
- Participate in special projects, such as evaluation of new information sources.
- Continue professional development through networking, vendor trainings and association sponsored activities.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Responsible and reliable, with strong organizational skills, careful attention to detail and the ability to manage and prioritize workload.
- The ability to apply critical and creative thinking to research projects and enhancing library services.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with attorneys and other firm employees, as well as other library staff members.
- Expertise with online research tools, such as Westlaw, DataTree, TLO, Capital IQ, Monitor Suite, Bloomberg Law, VitalLaw, Lexis.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines while handling multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office, as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- Master's degree in library or information science or 2+ years of equivalent experience.
- Prior research experience in a legal setting preferred.