Office Services Clerk
777 S Figueroa St Suite 4200 , 26th Floor Los Angeles, CA 90017 US
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Reception – Serve as the “face of the firm” by greeting visitors and LA office personnel in a professional, cheerful, courteous and helpful manner. Prepare coffee and conference rooms for daily client-attorney meetings and/or lunch meetings. In tandem with the Facilities Manager, place catering orders and ensure all conference room set-ups are properly completed. Work cooperatively with the receptionists and other OSC staff across the firm, and provide back-up assistance to others as needed. Pick up food for office meetings whenever necessary. Occasional local errands to be run when needed.
- Copy Center – Assist with photocopying projects, assembling exhibit tabs, and binders. Responsible for restocking printers and copiers with paper, and replacing toner cartridges. Order equipment supplies from key vendors and troubleshoot or call for service. Responsible for sending outgoing faxes via Accuroute.
- Processing mail and deliveries – Process all incoming mail and deliveries and distribute appropriately. Meter daily outgoing mail and deliveries. If necessary, deliver packages to FedEx local drop receptacles or drop stations. Responsible for ordering all supplies necessary for postage meter.
- Office Supplies – Take inventory of all office and kitchen supplies and place orders with Facility Manager's approval. Stock incoming supplies, keep supply cabinets and shelves organized.
- Environment – Clean refrigerators once a week, stock beverages on a daily basis. Load dishwasher and run daily. Empty dishwasher every morning and keep main kitchen area clean and clutter-free at all times. Ensure that visiting (hoteling) offices are stocked and cleaned daily.
- IT Support – Work with IT staff to assist with conference room set up for virtual and in-person meetings with audio/visual needs.
Required Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma required; some college preferred.
- One year of experience in office services. Prior law firm experience is a plus.
- Ability to speak in a positive tone that conveys a cheerful, helpful and professional manner.
- Proficiency with MS office and iManage (or other document management system).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and diverse environment.
- Ability to take direction from multiple sources; effectively prioritize tasks and requests; and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Reliable attendance.