Palo Alto, CA 94301 US
In this position, you will support attorneys in an administrative capacity, performing clerical duties that are essential to running a law firm. Your ability to collaborate with a diverse team of legal professionals, remain steady under pressure, and prioritize the rigorous and fast-paced demands of litigation will contribute to your success in this role.
Your daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Filing with state. federal, and appellate courts using electronic filing or messenger for for manual filings.
- Generating TOC/TOA’s.
- Managing attorney time entry and revising previous entries if needed.
- Oversee and manage revisions to prebill narratives and coordinate with billing specialist to revise billable hours.
- Scheduling meetings and travel.
- Manage expense reimbursement reports via Chrome River.
- Preparing detailed itineraries for attorneys, including important numbers, locations, and contact names.
- Managing electronic and hard copy files.
- Interacting with clients and all levels of employees within the Firm.
- A competitive salary between $70,000 - $95,000 depending on experience.*
- Benefits enrollment eligibility after 30 days of employment.
- A collaborative and supportive work environment.
- On-call 24/7 support from your Avata team!
- Minimum 7 years of legal administrative experience in federal and state litigation.
- Two-year degree or equivalent experience considered.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment using good judgement.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
- Exposure to Intellectual Property and/or Corporate & Finance areas a plus!
If you’re ready to take the next step in your legal career, we want to hear from you! Apply today!
*This salary range represents Avata's good faith minimum and maximum range for this role at the time of posting. Actual compensation offered will be dependent on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and location.