601 California Street San Francisco, CA 94108 US
Avata Partners is seeking an experienced Litigation Paralegal for a full-time position with a law firm located in the heart of San Francisco!
In this role, you will collaborate with a diverse team of legal professionals and support a team of attorneys in all phases of litigation. Our ideal candidate is steady under pressure and capable of prioritizing when faced with the rigorous and fast-paced demands of litigation.
- Competitive salary between $85,000 - $95,000, depending on experience.*
- Health benefits eligibility (medical, dental, vision).
- 401k Retirement savings.
- Friendly, supportive office environment.
- On-call 24/7 support from your Avata team!
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Case (and case files) management from inception through trial/settlement.
- Drafting pleadings, subpoena records, and propounding/responding to discovery.
- Obtaining, reviewing, and analyzing various records, reports, and other case materials.
- Assisting attorneys with pre-trial and trial assignments, including drafting motions, deposition designations, witness and exhibit selection, and maintaining trial task list.
- Communicating with clients, attorneys, witnesses and experts, the courts, and opposing counsel.
- Proactively calendaring appearances, depositions, and deadlines.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Paralegal Certification or equivalent.
- 2+ years of Paralegal experience supporting multiple attorneys and cases.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and electronic filing systems.
- Understanding of state, federal, and appellate court rules, legal ethics, and professional practice standards.
- Strong proficiency with legal research databases like Westlaw.
- Willingness to work overtime (nights and weekends) as required.
- Familiar and comfortable with working remotely and working with remote workers.
- Some trial experience preferred.
At Avata Partners, we advocate for the best compensation and benefits packages available and match you with the position that meets your unique needs and professional goals.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your legal career, we want to hear from you! Apply today!
*This salary range represents Avata's good faith minimum and maximum range for this role at the time of posting. Actual compensation offered will be dependent on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and location. Avata Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with conviction and arrest records.