Litigation Paralegal (Hybrid)
535 Mission St 25th floor , 26th Fl San Francisco, CA 94105 US
Avata Partners is seeking an experienced Litigation Paralegal for a full-time position with a reputable law firm. If you’re looking for a new position in the legal field and have a history of providing outstanding client service, this could be the role for you.
As a Paralegal, you will support attorneys in preparing for litigation. Your duties will include preparing discovery, discovery responses, and disclosures. You will also be responsible for preparing and organizing documents for depositions and motions, as well as drafting pleadings and correspondence, and proofreading all such documents. You must be meticulous in monitoring all court-related deadlines, ensuring paperwork is completed and filed by the appropriate date.
You will be expected to display a thorough understanding of state, federal and appellate court rules, legal ethics, and professional practice standards. A Paralegal must also possess excellent communication, critical thinking, organization, spelling, grammar, and computer skills.
We are looking for a candidate who is eager to collaborate with a diverse team of legal professionals, and who prides themselves in providing top-notch client service. Our ideal applicant is steady under pressure, and capable of prioritizing when faced with the rigorous and fast-paced demands of litigation.
- Case management from inception through trial/settlement.
- Draft pleadings, discovery, and routine correspondence.
- Obtain, review and analyze various records, reports and other case materials.
- Communicate with clients, attorneys, the courts, and opposing counsel.
- Organize and maintain case files.
- Perform legal research
- Proactively manage calendars.
- Trial preparation as needed.
- Competitive compensation
- Health benefits eligibility (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) retirement savings
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Paralegal Certificate
- Current Paralegal certificate within the state of practice
- 3+ years of litigation experience as a Paralegal
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs and applications