Legal Resource Assistant
Palo Alto, CA 94301 US
Legal Resource Assistant opening in the Silicon Valley office. Legal Resource Assistants assist attorneys and other legal personnel with administrative, organizational and research work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing, editing, and proofreading legal documents.
- Filing/submitting documents to state, federal and appellate courts, via the court’s website, or approved e-filing vendor.
- Inputting attorney time entries; revising exported entries to update/change previously entered information.
- At attorney’s request, handle revisions to prebill narratives and coordinate with billing specialist to revise billable hours, move time entries to another client/matter.
- Opening client matters accurately and efficiently.
- Entering and processing expenses and invoices.
- Coordinating and scheduling attorney travel.
- Working with Excel and PowerPoint for a variety of assignments.
- A minimum of a high school diploma required. Bachelors, two-year degree, or certification preferred.
- Prior federal and state litigation experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Strong skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook, various databases and Internet research skills.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time appropriately.
- A proficiency with standard office procedures working in a team/collaborative environment.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.