Los Angeles, CA 94111 US
Avata Partners is seeking an IP Associate Attorney for a full-time position with a complex litigation firm in Los Angeles!
In this position, you will represent Plaintiffs (individuals, classes, and corporate clients) in civil, complex litigation matters. As an Associate Attorney, your duties will include drafting complaints, legal memorandum, discovery, and motions; preparing for and taking depositions; building damage models; and overseeing the work of legal support staff.
With this position, you can expect:
- A competitive base salary between $295,000 - $345,000/yr., depending on experience.*
- Eligibility to enroll in full benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) with company match.
- Opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
- Active CA State Bar member.
- 4-5 years of post JD experience
- Experience handling all phases of discovery, taking depositions, drafting motions, court appearances, and preparing for trial. (Trial experience is a plus!)
- Knowledge of California civil procedure and familiarity with Code of Civil Procedure.
- Proven analytical, research, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to positively contribute to a collaborative work environment.
- Ideal candidates will have a technical background and/or experience in litigation in the life sciences, computer sciences, or electrical engineering areas.
At Avata Partners, we advocate for the best possible compensation and benefits packages and match you with the position that meets your unique needs and professional goals.
If you’re ready to take the next step or make a change in your legal career, we want to hear from you! Apply today!
*This salary range represents Avata's good faith minimum and maximum range for this role at the time of posting. Actual compensation offered will be dependent on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and location.